The UTS Connected Intelligence Centre (CIC) is hosting 3 workshops from 18 – 19 February 2019
- OnTask & Learning Analytics API Workshop
- OnTask/LA-API Hackathon
- PLSA UX/LX Workshop
Workshop 1: OnTask & Learning Analytics API Workshop
9.30 – 4.30pm on 18 February 2019
- This workshop brings together system architects from multiple universities interested in the future of the OnTask architecture, and the Learning Analytics API (LA-API) architecture. Both are open source projects from nationally funded OLT projects, with the LA-API expanding the range of data sources that learning analytics services (such as OnTask) can reason about.
- Workshop leads: Prof. Abelardo Pardo (Univ. South Australia; OnTask Project Lead) and Dr Kirsty Kitto (UTS:CIC; LA-API).
- Participate remotely via https://zoom.uts.edu.au/j/387124247
Workshop 2: OnTask/LA-API Hackathon
9am – 12noon on 19 February 2019
Workshop 3: PLSA UX/LX Workshop
8.30am – 5pm on 19 February 2019
- This workshop brings together people from multiple universities to share what we know about the design of good User Experience and Learner Experience with systems like OnTask, that enable personalised student feedback at scale, by providing Personalised Learning Support Actions (PLSAs).
- Through a combination of briefings and hands-on exercises, we will share what we know about the UX/LX dimensions of such tools, and map key challenges and ways to support each other in addressing them.
- Workshop leads: Simon Buckingham Shum (CIC Director), Susan Hansen (UTS Faculty of Engineering & IT; Tobias Design), Olivia Rajit (UTS LX Lab)